Rubba-Bubba specialises in small and relaxed COVID SAFE classes of parents and babies to avoid an overwhelming environment. This ensures quality of teaching and individual support. All class massage oil, printed handout booklets and refreshments are all provided in class (Fees may apply). Baby massage and Baby yoga is such a special and valuable gift to give your baby, it’s so simple but the effects are magical!
Classes We Offer
Touch is very powerful. We use it naturally and without thinking to calm, relax, reassure or heal. A simple hug says a lot. For example if our baby is upset, we may cuddle them or rub their back.
‘Babies have a biological need for close physical affection. Nothing is more important to their emotional, physical and intellectual development than a comforting cuddle or a loving touch.‘(Dr.Lin Day, 2008).
Massaging your baby or doing yoga is an extension of this natural impulse. Infant massage has been around for thousands of years, however in the UK, it has only become popular in the last 10 years. It is a wonderful way of spending quality time with your new baby doing such a simple and beneficial activity together. Studies show that not everyone has ‘love at first sight’ with their baby; (after an initial wave of maternal feelings) nothing can prepare you for this amazing journey as a parent-but we can make it easier on the way!
His constipation is so much better, he’s going daily now and colic definitely seems a bit better! He’s really enjoying the massages too, so glad you came when we did, I’m definitely seeing an improvement so thank you very much x
I really enjoyed our newborn colic session. My little one had been struggling with colic at nights and with help and understanding from Tash improved a lot. My little one loved her daily massages and has settled into routine and is all round a happier baby. I would highly recommend Rubba-bubba
The long lasting benefits of regular baby massage and baby yoga for infants and parents include:
- Improves the special Parent-baby bond especially for parents going back to work
- Effectively reduces symptoms of colic, painful wind & constipation
- Helps stimulate and support baby’s co-ordination, circulation, digestion, learning & language development
- Encourages baby to sleep better & for sustained periods
- Alleviates nasal congestion & teething pain
- Proven to reduce post natal depression
- Improves skin integrity
- Boosts self esteem & confidence in new mothers
- And most importantly- a relaxing & fun activity for both parent & baby