We offer an informal and relaxed session for parents and grandparents etc who want to learn life saving skills and first aid for babies in the comfort of your own home/zoom.
Maybe you don’t have childcare for siblings, don’t like the pressure of a big group or just prefer a one to one setting.
The session is not for a qualification or assessment, it’s for your own knowledge and benefit in case an emergency situation comes up. The instructor is a children’s nurse with 11 years experience, using the most up to date research, guidelines and evidence based practise.
The topics covered are:
- Breathing + CPR
- Choking + weaning (if required)
- Allergic reactions
- Signs of infection in a small baby
- Febrile convulsions + fits
- Administering medication to your baby
- Other common baby and toddler ailments
- Tricks of the trade
- Plus any questions/topics you may have