Our classes are online!
We use touch naturally and without thinking to calm, relax, reassure or heal.
Think how many times you have moved to give someone a cwtch when you see someone since lockdown! That 2m rule is hard isn’t it.
We can be left feeling awkward, disconnected, or rude. Touch is a powerful thing isn’t it.
A simple hug or touch of the arm says so much without the need for words.
We naturally do this with our babies – when they are upset we cuddle them, stroke their heads or rub their backs.
It’s difficult not to reach out and touch them as we walk past them either, whether that’s a ruffle of their hair or a quick kiss to the top of their head. Touch is all around us and it brings comfort the most.
‘Babies have a biological need for close physical affection. Nothing is more important to their emotional, physical and intellectual development than a comforting cuddle or a loving touch.’ (Dr Lin Day, 2008)
Baby Massage or yoga is an extension of this natural impulse. It has been around for thousands of years, although it has only become popular in the UK in the last 10 years. It is a lovely way to spend quality time with your new baby doing such a simple and beneficial activity together.
Sadly, we don’t all experience ‘love at first sight’ with our babies, if you are feeling this way then please consider joining one of our classes. Baby Massage and the power of touch won’t prepare you for this amazing journey, but we will do our very best to make the journey a little easier and give you a much-needed support network.
There are many long lasting benefits to regular baby massage and baby yoga for our little bubbas as well as for you as parents & carers. Here is an outline of just a few:
- Improves the special Parent-baby bond, especially for parents going back to work, juggling homeschooling or feeling like they need a little help creating a routine together.
- Effectively reduces symptoms of colic, painful wind & constipation.
- Helps stimulate and support baby’s coordination, circulation, digestion, learning & language development.
- Encourages baby to sleep better & for sustained periods.
- Alleviates nasal congestion & teething pain.
- Proven to reduce post-natal depression, look out for any new mums around you, they have not had easy pregnancies or introductions to motherhood with lockdown rules leaving many feeling isolated and lonely.
- Improves skin integrity.
- Boosts self-esteem & confidence in new mothers – goodness only knows so many of us need a little reinforcement here.
- And most importantly- a relaxing & fun activity for both parent & baby.
So whether you are a parent looking for ways to bond with baby or a family member of a friend looking for help, advice or support for a new Mum our baby massage and baby yoga sessions are safe, supportive and fulfilling. Our classes run online and in-person when the rules allow so no need to wait you can get involved straight away.
For more info click here