Baby yoga is not “yoga” in the traditional sense. Nope, no downward dogs for bubs today!
Baby yoga is however, gentle parent-guided stretches, holds and relaxation in a safe and structured way from the comfort (ish) of a mat with our bottoms firmly seated!
Baby’s practice yoga postures naturally as part of their development, however Rubba-Bubba baby yoga classes combine a gentle and structured approach to yoga with age-appropriate movements, holds and stretches that enhances the parent baby bond, which promotes a physical, mental and emotional development and well being. Oh very posh!
Your bubs must be at least 6 weeks old to attend or 8-10 weeks for mum’s with c-sections.
Our classes are not parent and baby yoga but there are some gentle ‘mama moves’’ and mindfulness in each baby yoga session. Yey!
Did you know there are 7 types of yoga? Amazing init! Here at Rubba-bubba, our baby yoga classes are based on Hatha yoga. Hatha yoga has been developed in the western world which is widely practiced. Hatha Yoga is described as beginner or gentle easy yoga with a focus on alignment of physical and mental beneﬁts of each pose.
The aim is to provide an opportunity to stretch, unwind, and release tension, which provides a good combination of cardio workouts to unite and balance the body and mind. This makes Hatha yoga the perfect choice for the foundations of our baby yoga. Still no downward dogs!
There are literally millions of benefits to baby yoga….
- Improves the special parent-baby bond, especially for parents going back to work
- It can be a great way for partners, grandparents and siblings to bond and relax with the newest addition to the family.
- Eﬀectively reduces symptoms of colic, painful wind & constipation
- Helps stimulate and support baby’s circulation, digestion, learning & language development.
- Encourages baby to sleep better & for sustained periods
- Improves learning and social development
- Aids balance, coordination, gross motor skills and strength
- Improves muscle development, ﬂexibility and free movement
- Raises levels of the ‘feel-good’ hormone oxytocin in both parent and baby aiding a feeling of calm and relaxation.
- Promotes a secure and trusting attachment between baby and parent
- And most importantly – is a fun activity for both parent & baby
And for us parents:
- Boosts self-esteem & conﬁdence
- Positive interaction with bubs
- Helps you become more conﬁdent in handling your baby
- Promotes relaxation, reduces stress and anxiety
- Is quality time with your new baby
We specialise in aiming our classes at the right age so we have a stage 1 and stage 2 baby yoga class:
Stage 1 Baby Yoga is suitable from 8 weeks old-4 months. This is a cosy, gentle and relaxing class which makes a great first class with your new bubs.
Stage 2 Baby Yoga is suitable from 4 months old, specially adapted for the busier baby. The class is full of songs, rhymes, sensory and learning, inline with their developmental milestones. Such fun!
For more information on times/venues or to book on to our wonderful baby yoga classes click the button below.
Please note: all our classes adhere to the 2m social distance rule, have a track and trace system in place and are deemed covid safe by Public health Wales.